Isn’t strength training bad for kids? Don’t you have to be at least 18 before you can gain benefits from strength work? Most of us have been told these things our entire lives, so they have to be true…….right?
Well, not exactly. The notions above are based on two things:
1.) Children working in factories (think industrial revolution) labored very hard in deplorable conditions and often died very young.
2.) Children do not gain muscular size when they lift heavy objects, therefore they were presumed to never gain strength.
FACT: Children who enter into an appropriate strength program (as early as the age of 8 ) become stronger adults than those who do not.
So, why should you put your children in a FuncFitVA fitness class? (Aside from the fact that we are not an industrial revolution factory…)
- It’s a fun and safe environment.
- They learn to do actions correctly (saving time, money and preventing injuries)
- They increase body awareness.
- It keeps them active and gets them out of the house.
- Open for ages 8 to 13.
- 6 weeks in length (course can run once or twice per week, but this must be determined prior to inception).
- Each session is 45 mins in length.
- $25 per class, 6 sessions for $135 or 12 sessions for $240 (only available for 2x’s per week).
- 4 person class minimum.
Interested? Email us.